As the weather warms up, I find myself more tempted to purchase unhealthy treats to help myself cool down. Strawberry Lemon Slushes, Concretes, and Frappuccino’s call my name. Especially if I happen to be out and about during afternoon “snack” time…you know what I’m talking about. And, quite frankly, so do businesses as they try to tempt me further with happy hours!
I can’t remember the last time I had a Frappe from a coffee joint because they always make me feel so sluggish and blah after sucking them down waaaay to fast. I tend to do that with coffee…and icy coffee with lots of sugar on a hot day, well you can’t help but gulp that down!
So this recipe definitely curbs the craving for a sugary Frappe. Plus, it includes (although they are not necessary) cacao nibs which are filled with antioxidant power! Yay!
Coconut Frappe with Cacao Nibs
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 6 oz strong brewed coffee or espresso, chilled
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- coconut flakes for toasting (optional)
- Toast coconut flakes in oven at 350 degrees until browned.
- Place all other ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes. That’s it! Enjoy a cooling, caffeinated beverage guilt-free. Plus, the fat from the coconut milk will even serve as a snack!